The profile development, workshops and training of facilitators who present these materials are the brain child of Hettie Brittz and Annatjie van Zyl. Annatjie and Hettie met while they were training together to become DISC consultants. They share a passion for people and believe that they have a calling to equip individuals with self-knowledge and understanding of
others, enabling them to grow in all their relationships. Under Hettie's and Annatjie's leadership, a growing number of trained facilitators present the Tall Trees workshops. With their specialist knowledge, this passionate team transforms relationships and leadership in every sphere.
The reference to Tall Trees stems from the idiom that tall trees catch the most wind. Tall Trees equips each teenager and adult to become a tall tree that will remain standing even during the worst wind storm.
1. Everybody has been created as a unique individual according to an intelligent design.
2. Every person’s design is tied to a life purpose and life plan.
3. Relationships (with God and people) are Everybody’s most important growth challenge.
4. The realisation of each individual’s potential starts with self-knowledge and understanding of others.
5. Everybody can be a leader by using their gifts in the right area, at the right time and in the right way.
6. Each individual’s unique combinations of temperaments supply us with a rich variety of information for personal growth.
7. Respect for every individual’s uniqueness and the acceptance of differences can bridge any gulf between people and cultures.
At Evergreen Parenting, Tall Trees’ sister company, we have striven for years to teach families to know and appreciate one another’s temperament and to strengthen all the relationships between family members. Hettie’s book, Growing kids with character, became a bestseller due to the fact that it addresses the relationship challenges within the family, although it can be applied in other spheres, too. As a result of this publication, as well as Hettie’s and Annatjie’s counselling and training, Tall Trees undertook additional research and developed tested profiles for teenagers and adults in order to supply sophisticated answers to the difficult questions relevant to relationships in a variety of contexts.